State-owned CIL’s e-auction sales nearly tripled to 16.8 million tonnes (MTs) in October, amid a strong demand resumption for coal from the power sector.
The quantity of coal booked under CIL’s e-auctions stood at 5.8 MT in the corresponding month of the previous fiscal.
The auction sale in October included a new auction outlet called special spot for coal importers, under which 1.6 MT was booked. “This opened an additional avenue for our coal companies to step up their sales,” a senior executive of the company said.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Nov 5, 2020 4:46:59 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/coal-indias-e-auction-sales-almost-triple/article33026872.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.